The Barenboim-Said Public Andalusian Foundation is an organization of the Andalusian public sector attached to the Ministry of Presidency, Public Administration and Interior of the Regional Government of Andalusia.
Since its establishment on July 27th, 2004, the Barenboim-Said Foundation is guided by a series of principles which represent the soul of the institution. The Foundation’s objectives are as follows:
- To promote the spirit of peace, dialogue and reconciliation through music. The history of the peaceful coexistence of different cultures over the centuries in Andalusia is a central feature.
- To promote formative activity in the field of music, always pursuing the objective of an integral humanistic education.
- To elaborate, promote and implement formative and co–operation projects in Andalusia, the Palestinian Territories and other Middle Eastern countries.
- To promote music experimentation, training and research.
- To promote the exchange of information related to human rights, fight against racism and xenophobia by guaranteeing respect to diversity and pluralism.
Board of Trustees
The Board of Trustees is the Foundation’s first government body, and it guarantees an efficient and organized management. The members of the Board of Trustees are designated by the Regional Government of Andalusia and by the project’s founders.
The Board of Trustees is responsible for the Foundation’s correct functioning. It is the Board’s duty to comply with the Foundation’s objectives and to manage diligently its resources and rights. As stated in the Foundation’s Bylaws, the post of Trustee is unremunerated.
Board of Trustees:
- Mr. Elías Bendodo Benasayag, Regional Minister of the Presidency, Public Administration and Interior for the Junta de Andalucía.
- Mrs. Patricia del Pozo Fernández, Regional Minister of Culture and Historic Heritage for the Junta de Andalucía.
- Mr. Antonio Sanz Cabello, Regional Vice-minister of the Presidency, Public Administration and Interior for the Junta de Andalucía.
- Mr. Alejandro Romero Romero, Regional Vice-minister of Culture and Historic Heritage for the Junta de Andalucía.
- Mr. Eugenio Benítez Montero, Technical Secretary General of the Regional Ministry of the Presidency, Public Administration and Interior for the Junta de Andalucía.
- Mrs. Mar Sánchez Estrella, Secretary General of Cultural Innovation and Museums for the Junta de Andalucía.
What moves us?
We have a big commitment to society by promoting projects and development cooperation projects.